What will Medicare cover?
Medicare covers all eligible home health services, such as nursing care, physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy and more. Nurse 1 is a licensed Home Health Agency and we will coordinate the delivery of these services, based upon your doctor’s orders!
What does Medicare NOT cover?
Medicare will not pay for:
- Hourly care provided by a Home Health Aide, such as 6-8 hrs./day, 5-days a week. This is considered private-duty and you can receive these services from Nurse 1, but you must pay privately.
- Meals delivered to your home
- Homemaker services, like meal prep. and more housekeeping
- Personal care, like bathing, dressing, or toileting
Almost all of the services Medicare does not cover, can still be delivered by Nurse 1. We have over 300 licensed and insured Certified Nurse Aides and Home Health Aides that are available to assist you with any of the private-duty services. All private-duty services must be paid for via your Long-Term Care insurance or private-pay (cash or charge).
All people with Medicare who meet all of these conditions are covered:
- You must be under the care of a doctor
- Your doctor must certify that you need nursing care, or physical, speech or occupational therapy
- The amount and frequency must be reasonable
- Your condition must be expected to improve in a reasonable period of time, or you need a skilled therapist to deliver the care
- The Agency, like Nurse 1, is Medicare-certified!
- You must be homebound
- You may leave home for medical treatment or short absences like attending religious services
What’s my cost?
• $0 for all covered home health services